What are the benefits of working at YV?
August 29, 2012 Leave a comment
There are a lot of great things that come along with working at Youth Villages! First on my list is simply knowing that my work goes towards making a positive impact on at-risk children and their families’ lives. However, there are many more concrete benefits that come with a career at Youth Villages, too.
1) We have great health, vision, and dental insurance plans that have low employee premiums. All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in these plans. In addition to those, the organization maintains a long-term disability plan and life insurance policy for full-time employees.
2) Speaking of health…we have gyms located in many of our offices, Weight Watcher meetings located on-site, yoga and Zumba classes, discounted gym fees, and plenty of exercise related fundraisers in which employee participation is encouraged.
3) Youth Villages is dedicated to helping employees realize their potential. Many employees take advantage of tuition reimbursement to further their education and licensure supervision for their clinical development. Plus, your supervisor is always there to help you develop professionally and get where you want to be.
4) We offer administrative and clinical roles in 11 states and Washington D.C. Whether you are interested in growing into a leadership role, interested in another program, or want to relocate, there are a lot of different ways for you to advance your career within the organization.
5) Last year, Youth Villages’ employees donated almost one million dollars back to the organization. It’s a great feeling to know that your co-workers are just as invested in the mission of helping children and families live successfully as you are!
6) Youth Villages cares about your future. In addition to offering 403(b) plans to help employees save for their own retirement, the organization contributes to a pension for all full-time employees after one year of employment.
7) We have fun! Whether it’s office Olympics in our Durham location, skits at our national conference, or our Operations Center decorating their cubicles at Halloween so that the kids at our residential facilities can go trick or treating, we love to laugh and have a great time together!
If you are interested in becoming part of a great organization that really cares about its employees, take a look at our openings at: www.youthvillages.org/jobs .
– Catherine Hayley